Board Goals & Mission Statement
"Troup Independent School District, as the heart of our community, is committed to prepare, inspire, and empower all students, in a safe and nurturing environment, to become responsible and successful citizens in an ever-changing world."
2019-2020 Troup ISD Board Goals
Curriculum & Instruction
- Troup ISD will provide a viable and appropriately aligned curriculum that enables all students to be encouraged and challenged to meet their full educational potential.
- Troup will continue to investigate and develop programs to increase CTE elective courses that will encourage and afford students the opportunity to earn certification in areas of student interest, as well as increase funding opportunities.
- Troup ISD will encourage and facilitate practices that allow teachers to prepare all students to reach their maximum potential through innovative teaching methods.
- Troup ISD will continue to develop and implement an educational achievement plan that offers students multiple pathways to earn post-secondary education opportunities including, but not limited to, dual credit and/or technical training.
Student Academic Performance
- Troup ISD will continue to perform above the state average by at least five percentage points in every tested area.
- Troup ISD will continue to eliminate achievement gaps among all student groups.
- Troup ISD will concentrate efforts to maximize success in all advanced academic courses including Pre-AP, dual credit and college level coursework, in order to ensure students will be college and career ready.
School Safety and School Climate
- Troup ISD will ensure a safe and attractive environment for students and staff that will facilitate learning.
- Troup ISD will sustain safe and supportive schools that provide secure, nurturing, non-threatening, respectful and disciplined learning environments where all members excel and exhibit moral excellence.
Communication & Community Relations
- Troup ISD will work to develop and implement a comprehensive communication and marketing plan to tout its academic and extracurricular successes, improve its public image and, inform parents, community members and the greater east Texas region of the positive aspects that reflect the District’s vision that “Troup ISD will be the district of choice as we pursue educational excellence”.
- Troup ISD will be proactive in communication with the community, city, area businesses, parents and students in matters that impact the overall well-being of the community and school district.
- Troup ISD will strive to forge positive relationships with stakeholders to enhance support of families, community members and the business community.
- Troup ISD will foster a professional environment in order to attract and retain highly qualified administrators, faculty and staff who reflect the values of the community and will serve as positive role models, exhibit moral excellence and will be committed to achieving excellence for all students.