We are excited to announce that Troup High School will hold its Class of 2020 Commencement Exercises on June 5 at Tiger Stadium. We will implement additional safety precautions this year as set forth by the Texas Education Agency and the State of Texas.
Troup Independent School District is pleased to announce that the commencement ceremony for the Class of 2020 will be held Friday, June 5, at 8:00 pm, in Tiger Stadium. In the event that commencement must be rescheduled due to inclement weather, the ceremony will take place on Saturday, June 6 with a time to be determined. After careful planning and consideration, we have decided to celebrate the Class of 2020 with an in-person graduation and the opportunity to walk across the stage. Based on COVID-19 guidance from Governor Greg Abbott, the Texas Education Agency, and medical professionals, we will abide by the safety measures required for an outdoor in-person graduation ceremony.
Required Safety Measures:
- 1. Each graduate will receive 5 tickets for family or personal guests. The graduation will be live-streamed on Facebook to allow other family members and friends the opportunity to view this momentous occasion. Each family seating group must be no more than 5 family members.
- 2. Graduates will walk in six feet apart and will be seated at least six feet apart on the football field facing the stage which will be located on the south end of the stadium facing north. The stage will not face either side bleachers.
- 3. Members of the same household (no more than 5 people in a group) can sit together in the audience. Graduates’ families will be required to sit in pre-marked or designated areas. Some groups will be pre-assigned to the visitors’ side, some to the home side, and some to the track surface.
- 4. Based on where seating assignments are located will determine which stadium gate a certain family group will enter. For example, if your seating assignment is on the visitor’s side, then your group will be required to enter through the visitor’s ticket gate.
- 5. Upon arrival at the parking facility at Tiger Stadium, there is protocol you must follow. When exiting your vehicle, maintain a 6 foot barrier with any other groups in the parking lot. Police and security will be available to assist you. Maintain a 6 foot barrier as you approach and wait to enter the gate.
- 6. In order to enter the stadium you must have a ticket with the graduate’s name and a completed health questionnaire with all “NO’s” checked off and a signature. The questionnaires (Guest and Graduate) will be given to each senior as they drive through the high school bus loop on June 3 at 6:30pm–7:30pm. If your senior is unable to drive through, his/her packet can be picked up Thursday, June 4 (8am-3pm) or Friday, June 5 (by appointment only) at Troup High School. Without this document, you will not be allowed to enter and you will be asked to leave the facility.
- 7. We will have Troup ISD personnel in the stands to assist you and to maintain that family groups of five are six feet apart.
- 8. Troup Independent School District will provide every guest with a small container of hand sanitizer upon entry into the stadium.
- 9. Facial covering are not required, but may be worn by anyone who so desires.
- 10. Diploma covers will be placed on a table for graduates to pick up as they pass across the stage. There will be no physical transfer of any item or handshakes from a school employee to a graduate during the ceremony. The graduate will stop and pose for a picture with the diploma cover before exiting the stage. Each graduate will receive an 8X10 copy when actual diplomas are picked up or mailed out. Additional copies will be available for purchase with Lifetouch.
- 11. During the graduation ceremony, TISD employees will be located throughout the stadium and field to assist you and our graduates.
- 12. Please follow any and all instructions or directions given by these individuals. They are only following directives required by the governor’ office.
- 13. Troup Police, School Resources Officers, and other law enforcement agencies will be present to assist you and maintain order in the parking lots, bleachers, etc.
- 14. Upon the conclusion of the ceremony, the graduating class of 2020 will exit the stadium just as they entered. No one is allowed on the football field at any time. After the last graduate, an announcement will be made to release guest to exit certain gates. No one will be allowed to leave until all graduates are gone.
- 15. Guests are to maintain the six foot barrier when exiting the facility. Please leave the parking lot in a safe and orderly fashion. Please make arrangements to meet up with your graduate in a location away from the Troup campus.
- 16. The only reason a guest is allowed to enter the front high school parking lot after graduation is to pick up a graduate who was dropped off beforehand.
- 17. Graduates and high school employees will park or be dropped off in the main front high school parking lot. No guests are allowed in this parking lot.
- 18. Graduates will pick up any personal belongings left in the high school gym during graduation, and will then immediately exit the high school and leave the parking lot.
- 19. Upon leaving the high school, students are released to meet up with family and friends.
- 20. There will be no restroom facilities available during the graduation ceremony.
- 21. There will be no graduation ceremony rehearsal. However, we will provide graduates with a video demonstrating the ceremony.
- 22. Graduates are to arrive to the high school at 7:30pm. NO family members or friends are allowed in the high school. Graduates should come dressed for the ceremony with the completed health questionnaire. Students will not be allowed to participate in the graduation ceremony without the completed questionnaire. Seniors will enter the gymnasium and line up according to the lists provided. Students will maintain 6 foot barriers in line while waiting to exit to the stadium. All pictures and selfies must be taken before arriving to the school or after leaving the gym. We will not have time in the gym to get dressed. Be ready when you arrive.