Given the rapidly evolving situation with COVID-19, Troup will extend the suspension of normal district operations through Friday, April 3rd as we follow the Governor’s directive to support our nation’s need to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus, or COVID-19. Our health officials report that cases are continuing to spread in the state, and an increase in confirmed cases in our county seems likely. Suspending operations for this length of time will allow us to determine, in coordination with local health officials, whether the virus is continuing to have community spread or whether it has been contained. We are coordinating with other school districts in the county and will meet again on April 1 to make any decisions on whether there is a need to extend the suspension further.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has outlined the need for all communities to implement a social distancing protocol. We want to reiterate a request to our broader community to take the following reasonable precautions to prevent the spread of the illness:
- Don’t shake hands
- Wash your hands regularly
- Limit movement within the community, especially avoiding crowded placed and maintaining 3 to 6 ft of distance between people (at least an arm’s length)
- If you are moving around in the community, don’t congregate in large groups
- For those who have traveled to areas with known COVID-19 cases – both inside and outside of the country – we ask that you self-quarantine and monitor for symptoms. Students who have traveled should plan to stay home for two weeks after arriving home. Please contact your campus to let them know, and this will be considered an excused absence.
- If you suspect you have symptoms of COVID-19, call your health care provider for medical advice .
- Keep your child at home if he/she feels ill, even if you think it is just a cold.
- Do not leave the house if you are ill, except to access medical care
This is a quickly changing situation, and we will continue to monitor information and will assess conditions throughout the week.
All campuses have plans in place for students to continue with learning opportunities. Teachers have worked to prepare online lessons and packets for all grade levels. Please see the schedule below for the specific times to pick up learning packets and refer to the appropriate campus website for online learning information.
Packet Pick-Ups are at each campus location at times listed below. Please see the campus website for more specific information.
Friday (3/20) 12:00pm - 6:00pm
Monday(3/23) 11:00am – 1:00
Troup Middle School
Friday (3/20) 3:00pm – 6:00pm
Troup High School
Saturday (3/21) 9:00am – 12:00
Monday (3/23) 3:00pm – 6:00pm
Thank you for your support and cooperation as we ensure that all members of the community in Troup ISD stay safe and healthy.
Troup Independent School District
903 842 3067